What we do during an inspection
There are numerous activities we perform during an inspection, most are not listed here as we do not want the "eavesdroppers" to know exactly how we search for their devices. If we were to list everything we do during an inspection, the list would takes hundreds of lines of text to explain.
- Telephone instruments are visually and electronically inspected and tested.
- Telephone lines are physically and electronically tested. Testing is done to detect series and parallel taps to include capacitively isolated taps. TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) Testing is performed.
- Wiring within the location is visually and electronically tested to insure they are not passing audio.
- AC wiring is inspected to locate carrier current devices.
- The RF spectrum is analyzed with a spectrum analyzer to identify all signals to include infra-red & Laser.
- A full physical inspection of the area is conducted.
- A NLJD (Non Linear Junction Detector) is used to locate illegal devices that are dormant.
- Thermal Imaging is Performed in the inspection areas.
- X-ray analysis is performed to inspect objects.